Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 8, 2011

"SUN STAND STILL!!"~Joshua

When it comes to spiritual matters, I'm a fighter. I want to slay demons in half and send them back to the pitt that they belong in. Joshua was also a fighter and he got to fight many spiritual battles in the physical rhealm. We all do as well it just may not look like an actual battlefield as Joshua's did.

In Joshua Ch.10 it says.. "On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: ' O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.' So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day."

PAUSE: Reread that..

YES the SUN and the MOON stood still until Joshua defeated His enemies.

WOW.

We should probably note that he did this in the presence of Israel!! Which translation..means while they were LISTENING..which communicates that He was walking in CONFIDENCE!! Not his confidence but in the confidence of the one who could make the sun and the moon stand still!! Woo! That is awesome!

Donna Carroll, who is an amazingly anointed strong woman of the Most High, shared this with me..
"Joshua and his men had marched all day and night without sleep, yet he didn't stop to rest. Instead, he prayed for God to stop the sun to prolong the day because he KNEW (God told him) they were going to win! Joshua couldn't have come up with that thought on his own. God placed it there and that's why He honored Joshua's so-called 'command' for God to cause a natural phenomenon!!!"

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He WILL give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37: 4
  You know why because THEY'RE NOT your desires anyway..if you are lined up with the heart and will of God He is placing these dreams and visions in your heart and life! AH THE BEAUTY!!! That takes so much pressure off of us to perform and make things happen! #GLORY

(back to Joshua)..Then it goes on to say in v)14
" There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to man. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!"

Did you catch that..the LORD was fighting for Israel.

When I was in Colorado a few weeks ago I had the privilege of going to New Life Church in CO Springs, during worship their worship pastor said that the night before the Lord really pressed it upon His heart to share with us how to often we try and battle out things ourselves when there God is warring for us..and all He desires for us to do is rest.

Rest Lord when there is a battle going on? What does that even mean? and more than that what does it look like? This is a new concept that the Lord is trying to teach me and yes there are times when He beckons us to battle..but there are also times when we need to lay down our weapons and "hide ourselves in the shadow of His wings." Psalms 57:1 (paraphrased)
In Psalm 63:7 It says.."Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." HOW COOL!! When we let Him take over..and we run and hide ourselves in the shadow of His wings, in this context for safety purposes, we then have the freedom to rest and sing. Yes. Beautiful. "Come rest in me and be made whole.."-Beloved by Kari Jobe

This afternoon I was driving to the bux to grab myself a nice little white chocolate mocha..my favorite:).. it was so beautiful outside and I was quickly reminded how big the world is..and in my carnal mind I began to get overwhelmed while thinking of this vision the Lord has given me.. I felt so small..How in the world would they ever find me in a world so big..and with so many girls named Brittni? Sounds silly..but a very real feeling..all God is calling me to do right now is rest..but that means fully depending on Him to reveal everything to the other side..the way He revealed it to me..then for Him to lead them to me..which, once again in my carnal mind, seems like saying hey go find that "one" piece of sand on that one seashore..over there..AH!..but then I was quickly reminded that I'm not to put my trust and dependency on man to find me..but to set my eyes upon the one who created all of us out of sand..yeah He's big enough to do what HE HIMSELF placed in my heart. I didn't come up with these things on my own..PRAISE GOD! If He can cause the sun and the moon to stand still so that He could deliver Joshua into the land that He had PROMISED to Him..He can lead me/them to each other to do the work that only together we can do for HIS kingdom..because that is what He has promised me He would do..He's so much bigger than my fear..and it is by no accident that he reminded Joshua over and over "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshu 1:9
and not to mention it was a command not an option..

Thank you Father for loving me enough to remind me of your mighty power and strength! You are victorious! Help me not to think carnally but to think in the Spirit and move in the Spirit always. I pray for those reading this that they will tangibly be able to feel your presence in their lives. Let us always be led by you Lord, so that we know when to pick up our weapons and when to lay them down and find rest in you..I love you so much Father, thank you for choosing me! I believe, even when I don't feel it, I choose to DECLARE it!
I love you daddy,
                         
                           Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment