Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 6, 2011

Isolation

Last fall, October 13 to be exact, GOD SPOKE..really He whispered but what He whispered I will forever treasure in my heart, soul, and mind.
I was sitting outside on the back porch talking on the phone to one of my friends from Baton Rouge.. we were discussing how God had stripped us from EVERYTHING and,currently,isolation was all we knew.
As we were talking through all of these things it hit me..
Think of this..
You are newly married and the Lord sends you and your brand new husband off on an adventure a little different than you pictured.. you’re off in the mountains ISOLATED from people, places, anything and everything really..except for the Most High God..nature..and each other..for, lets say, 6 months.I don’t know about you but I don’t think it would really bother me to be with my husband in isolation. We would have an opportunity to get to know each other in a way maybe we hadn’t been able to before amongst all the noises of the world. We would get to walk and talk with the Lord.. growing strong together as we are in full and complete unity with our Creator.
Even the mere thought of it romances my tender heart.
Right now in this time of isolation the GOD of the universe wants me to Himself. Wow. It’s hard to even fathom. I was so excited when this realization hit me. God had drawn me away from the twelve to mentor me one on one! I was satisfied growing amongst some amazing hearts chasing after the King; but He knew there was so much more I could learn if He had me by Himself. I quickly jumped out of that pity party and leapt into the arms of my Father. Through this experience, which is still not over, I have learned that He truly is MORE than enough.
Every moment waking up with Him and only Him my heart has the ability to overflow with all surpassing joy..but I must choose Him..every moment of every day. Choose to let Him be enough for my soul and spirit.
While discussing Isolation I feel it to be appropriate to tell you why I chose the blog name "Camel Skins and Chocolate Covered Locusts." While discussing this topic with some friends a couple of nights ago we began to talk about John the Baptist..if you are not familiar with the story parts of it can be found in Matthew Ch.3 but John went off into the wilderness for YEARS and YEARS to be with the Lord..and during that time he wore camel skins and lived off a diet of wild honey and locusts..My friends then informed me I should wear camel skins and I said 'oh yeah and eat chocolate covered locusts!' 'That would be a great blog name!' Lilee exclaimed..and there you have it!!
Praise God for He is infinitely MORE than ENOUGH!! 
Tell the heavens and the earth
   to start singing!
   Tell the mountains
   and every tree in the forest
   to join in the song!
   The LORD has rescued his people;
   now they will worship him.
   Isaiah 44:23 (Contemporary English Version)

1 comment:

  1. God loves His people. You are His and He wants you all to Himself! He wants you to bask in Him while He is cradling only you. Enjoy it, soak in these calm moments with Him because you will never be in this same spot ever again in your life.

    ReplyDelete