Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

July 6, 2013

Hope For Haiti

Hi, my name is Brittni Rawdon..
I'm 24 years old and I have 21 children..
and if you don't believe me ask David, Patrick, Daniel, or Jozey...and they'll all tell you the same thing.. that we are all in our twenties..and have no idea what we are doing other than passionately following Jesus..and that yes..we are all about to be legally responsible for 21 precious children.

How so you ask? 
We have no idea! (i'm kidding of course) 

All I know, is that we got on that plane excited to go love on some babies..and came back with 21 of our own. Jesus is the Miracle Maker!

How do we, as believers, even put into words what it is like to live in a constant state of adventure with the Lord? 

God adventures are always...

Exuberant
Thrilling
Breathtaking 
Glorious
Beautiful
..and so so STUNNING

On June 10th I was invited to go to Haiti..
On June 13th I left for vacation in Mexico..
On June 18th I landed back in Dallas..
On June 19th was boarding a flight to FL to catch a connecting flight the next morning to none other than Haiti. 
On June 24th I met 21 kids that will now have a forever place in my heart. 

Over a span of 14 days I got a sneak peak, yet again, at the faithfulness of my Savior. 

Who knew that the Lord was about to radically shift, change, and transform my life in a way that I was not expecting! Who knew?! He knew! He knew all along that one day Haiti had a place for me and that a huge part of me had a place for Haiti. 

To be honest the whole time I felt like I was in a dream, it didn't even feel real. To bring heaven to earth, to live in the ultimate reality of the kingdom, to enjoy every moment as it is happening..that's life to the fullest. Things are so simple with Jesus. He is love, He expresses love, He freely gives love, and love is all we have to pour out over the heads of these children!:) 

Meet our 21 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztEafKqrzc

Keep an eye out for more posts.. the best is yet to come! :)

www.imme.org 







1 comment:

  1. Oh my darling!!!!
    such a sweet sweet sight and how amazing is our God!!!!
    I am currently embarking on a mission to make 125 pillowcase dresses for an orphanage in Kenya and some backpacks for the boys.... my dream and Leann's dream is to one day personally deliver them with hugs!!!
    we love you and will keep you covered in prayer!!!! God bless

    ReplyDelete